Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum (GSEF) brings together the end to end value chain in semiconductors and consumer electronics. As one of the industry’s most important gatherings, the Forum explores current and future trends and finds solutions to business-hindering challenges.
In light of the recent global developments around the COVID-19 virus, we have made the decision to bring the Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum to you as a virtual event this year. GSEF 2020 will offer a unique customised, networking platform, designed specifically to facilitate business development opportunities, in addition to private meeting introductions and a packed conference agenda.
Topics covered at GSEF 2020
This year’s agenda will reflect key concerns and opportunities within the market with special attention on two leading industries: consumer electronics and the automotive industry.
Key topics will include 5G, AI, Advanced Manufacturing Processes (5nm), IoT, Connected Cars, Autonomous Driving, MEMS, Industry 4.0, Test Solutions, Silicon Design, Verification & IP, Electronics Supply Chain, Advanced Packaging Technologies, AR/VR, Big Data & Robotics.
Join our virtual forum to discuss and collaborate on key concerns, ideas and trends within the current market, create new business partnerships and meet with key decision makers within the semiconductor and electronics manufacturing industry.
This is an exceptional networking opportunity for industry accelerators. Meet industry C-Suite and Director level executives to make valuable connection at this annual thought leadership platform.
Chief Technology Officer
Executive/Senior Vice President of Technology
Executive/Senior Vice President
Research & Development
Executive/Senior Vice President of Engineering
Executive/Senior Vice President of Manufacturing
Executive/Senior Vice President Product Line/Function
Executive/Senior Vice President of Design
Chief Innovation Officer
From Europe, North America and Asia
Join like-minded peers to learn new perspectives and case studies through presentation, panel discussions, interactive round tables and workshops.
GSEF is made up of:
The Global Semiconductor Forum (GSF)
GSF in its own right has been running for over a decade, hosting well-respected and high-ranking semiconductor developers to present, discuss and collaborate on key concerns, ideas, and trends within the current market.
The Global Electronics Forum (GEF)
GEF has provided opportunities for delegates to develop lasting relationships, create new business partnerships and meet with key decision-makers within the electronics manufacturing industry.
Your booth just the way you want it and more. Take a quick look at all the new functions your Virtual Booth is capable of.
Simply register, login on the day and get ready to connect and learn. With the right network at your fingertips, learning and connecting have never been so easy.
For our Delegates:
• Long term implications for semiconductor and electronics sectors
• Evaluating the economic impact
• Strategies to ensure continuity in supply chain and way to move forward
• Identifying the challenges and recognising opportunities brought by the pandemic
• Advancement in 5G infrastructure and services
• Building a Secure 5G Architecture
• Analysing how 5G will impact disruptive technologies and digital experience
• Wireless communication - opportunities and challenges
• 5G and national security implications - How will 5G improve intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems and processing
• The real potential of 5G and beyond - 5G evolution (5GE) continuing the trend towards increased bandwidth, increased coverage, and increased volumes of data
• Perspective on 6G technology, architecture and vision for 2030
• Higher frequencies, component density, weight & size reduction and thermal balance requirements increase the need for EMI shielding solutions in semiconductor industry
• New materials and processes for mass manufacturing of EMI Shielding under evaluation in semicon supply chain
• Inkjet printing of particle-free Ag-ink as a digital and additive process for EMI Shielding
• Direct selective printing enables full design flexibility
• Integration of hi-volume all-in manufacturing equipment and ink consumable by one supplier reduces supply chain interfaces and development time
• Winners and losers in the autonomous driving race
• How to enhance Car2Car or Car2X Communication
• Intelligent solutions for driving in cities - Road safety and city infrastructure assessment
• Connected vehicles (IoT, 5G, Smart cities)
• Exploring the growing demand of in-vehicle semiconductors
• Creating a future of mobility that is safe and sustainable
• Increased data generation, data storage and data analysis requires ever more advanced device technologies
• For a long time device scaling has been the main solution to performance improvement but this is no longer sufficient
• Advanced packaging technologies open up new possibilities for performance improvement and enabling new architectures
• To fully utilise the potential of advanced node devices with advanced packaging structures the requirements for the back end technology start to move in direction of front end
• Some examples of advanced connection technologies will be presented as well as an outlook will be given
• Increasing levels of ADAS depend on progress in image sensors, and LiDAR and radar systems:
• Review the challenges of automotive imaging conditions for the sensor optimisation
• Review the growing need for AI assistance to make local decisions At the same time, the drive train is going fully electric:
• Review the progress in efficient conversion between battery and motor
• Review role of Wide Bandgap materials for higher efficiency, smaller size and weight, and better cooling.
• Review functional safety for the automotive design process to deliver the car of the future
A Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap is critically needed to focus on new materials and new devices, new architecture, designs, manufacturing processes and new methodologies to bring diverse components together into a System-in-Package (SiP).
• Addressing future vision
• Exploring heterogeneous Integration for special applications
• Recent trends in big data analysis for semiconductor production
• Integration of big data infrastructure and IIoT in the semiconductor industry
• The data challenges for semiconductor companies
• How can big data help with the supply-chain decisions and improve aspects of manufacturing operations (yield, quality and productivity)?
• Assessing the future of the semiconductor and consumer electronic industries post Covid-19
• What type of new innovations are attracting venture funding
• Mergers and Acquisitions in the sector and their impact on the industry
• New manufacturing clusters in Southeast Asia - companies and governments are investing to relocate production back home or diversify it into Southeast Asia
Our portfolio includes customised virtual events, including thought provoking and educational webinars that allow you to connect with the world's largest semiconductor manufacturers and technology firms. If you are interested in finding out more, please visit our Semiconductor & Electronics channel
Watch our previous webinars:
To enquire about sponsorship opportunities for the Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum, please contact:
To enquire about speaking opportunities for the Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum, please contact:
If you would like to join the Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum as a Media Partner, please contact: