Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum (GSEF) brings together the end to end value chain in semiconductors, electronics and design supply chain. As one of the industry’s most important gatherings, the Forum explores current and future trends and finds solutions to business-hindering challenges.
GSEF Virtual Series 2021 will present the new format and highly focused online events on the most important industry issues. This will include virtual conferences, webinars and online polling throughout the year in order to engage with the market and explore how technology is transforming sectors across the electronics supply chain.
This platform will give you access to all potential clients to meet and discuss future business opportunities. In each edition, senior executives and top experts in Semiconductor, Automotive, 5G, Industry 4.0, AI, IoT, Cyber Security and Consumer Electronics markets will shed light on the most pressing topics and discuss the latest industry trends.
GSEF Virtual Series 2021 are composed of:
• Smart Mobility Conference – 23 March 2021
A dedicated event looking at key aspects and emerging solutions to enhance mobility and infrastructure as well as the main issues around automation and connectivity.
• Online Poll: A specially commissioned survey on enterprise of the future
• Semiconductor Innovation: More than Moore and moving to the edge – 17 June 2021
A focused half-day conference on the latest semiconductor innovations including quantum technologies, MEMS and sensors and evolving market demands
• Webinar: 5G technology readiness and commercialisation; Perspective on 6G –September
• Industry 4.0 and latest developments in digital manufacturing - 4 November 2021
Discussing technology developments in 3D printing, smart data analytics, machine learning, cloud computing, cybersecurity, autonomous guided vehicles (AGVs) and smart logistics
We are also planning to bring back our annual live Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum (GSEF) in December 2021.
Join like-minded peers to learn new perspectives and case studies through presentations, panel discussions, interactive roundtables and live Q&A sessions; create new business partnerships and meet with key decision makers within the semiconductor and electronics manufacturing industry.
Meet senior executives to make valuable connections through one-to-one meetings and networking service offered by our virtual platform.
We invite the following job titles:
Collaborate and problem-solve with like-minded peers and enjoy in-depth sessions and case-studies from the best minds in the industry.
Simply register, login on the day and get ready to connect and learn. With the right network at your fingertips, learning and networking have never been so easy.
For our delegates and supplier partners:
Recent world developments have put a spotlight on the role smart connected devices will play in society and our everyday lives. As a result, developers seek to understand how devices’ abilities to sense, think, act and connect will help them anticipate and automate − to simplify life and remove barriers. In this talk we will share how these abilities are becoming a central feature across all connected devices and are driving convergence and commonality in approach.
• Advancement in 5G infrastructure and services
• Building a Secure 5G Architecture
• Analysing how 5G will impact disruptive technologies and digital experience
• Wireless communication - opportunities and challenges
• 5G and national security implications - How will 5G improve intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems and processing
• The real potential of 5G and beyond - 5G evolution (5GE) continuing the trend towards increased bandwidth, increased coverage, and increased volumes of data
• Perspective on 6G technology, architecture and vision for 2030
• The impact of the pandemic on the automotive product planning in the near future? Does it impact medium term plans?
• Electronics and connectivity: the next 5 years in the sensor and in-vehicle electronics innovation
• ADAS/AV and 5G connectivity: What more is needed in the next 5 years to see 5G fully integrated in the ADAS/AV? Is 5G fit for automotive purpose?
• The world of IoT: What are the hottest services that your customers are asking for? How do you see cars integrating into smart cities?
• Higher frequencies, component density, weight & size reduction and thermal balance requirements increase the need for EMI shielding solutions in semiconductor industry
• New materials and processes for mass manufacturing of EMI Shielding under evaluation in semicon supply chain
• Inkjet printing of particle-free Ag-ink as a digital and additive process for EMI Shielding
• Direct selective printing enables full design flexibility
• Integration of hi-volume all-in manufacturing equipment and ink consumable by one supplier reduces supply chain interfaces and development time
• Increased data generation, data storage and data analysis requires ever more advanced device technologies
• For a long time device scaling has been the main solution to performance improvement but this is no longer sufficient
• Advanced packaging technologies open up new possibilities for performance improvement and enabling new architectures
• To fully utilise the potential of advanced node devices with advanced packaging structures the requirements for the back end technology start to move in direction of front end
• Some examples of advanced connection technologies will be presented as well as an outlook will be given
• Increasing levels of ADAS depend on progress in image sensors, and LiDAR and radar systems:
• Review the challenges of automotive imaging conditions for the sensor optimisation
• Review the growing need for AI assistance to make local decisions At the same time, the drive train is going fully electric:
• Review the progress in efficient conversion between battery and motor
• Review role of Wide Bandgap materials for higher efficiency, smaller size and weight, and better cooling.
• Review functional safety for the automotive design process to deliver the car of the future
Discussing the amount of machine learning that is coming for consumer electronics devices and how we desperately need more efficient computation and memory architectures to enable more use cases without severe impacts to battery life
A Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap is critically needed to focus on new materials and new devices, new architecture, designs, manufacturing processes and new methodologies to bring diverse components together into a System-in-Package (SiP).
• Addressing future vision
• Exploring heterogeneous Integration for special applications
• How data analytics – and managing it - in semiconductor manufacturing has changed
• The challenges managing big data brings
• The lack of uniformity across different manufacturers • Software testing
• Big data in the supply chain
• The impact of COVID – how it is accelerating change
5GAA bridges the automotive and telecommunication industries in order to address society’s connected mobility and road safety needs with applications such as automated driving, ubiquitous access to services, integration into intelligent transportation and traffic management.
To enquire about sponsorship opportunities for the Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum, please contact:
To enquire about speaking opportunities for the Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum, please contact:
If you would like to join the Global Semiconductor and Electronics Forum as a Media Partner, please contact: